EFFECTIVE AS OF March 1, 2019
This Web site is controlled and operated by Merck from Kirkland, Quebec and its content is designed to comply with Canadian laws and regulations. This site and these terms shall be governed by the laws of Quebec and the applicable laws of Canada without reference to principles of conflict of laws. You agree to be bound by such laws.
- Medical Information/Conditions. While there may be information on this Web site related to certain medical conditions and their treatment, should a medical condition exist, promptly see your own physician or health care provider. We do not offer personalized medical diagnosis or patient-specific treatment advice. Indeed, only your doctor or other health care professional, as a learned intermediary, can determine if a product described in this, or any, Web site is appropriate for you.
PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR DOCTOR OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL BEFORE USING ANY PRODUCT DISCUSSED WITHIN THIS, OR ANY OTHER, WEB SITE.
- Description of Services. This Web site may include many types of services and information for healthcare professionals including, but not limited to, promotional, non- promotional and educational information about Merck products and therapy areas, and access to webcasts. All information contained within the Web site is intended only for duly licensed healthcare professionals in Canada and should only be shared with other duly licensed Canadian healthcare professionals with whom the healthcare professional has a relationship when using the “Share” functionality provided on the Web site. The information contained within this Web site is for informational and advisory purposes only and is in no way intended to serve as a substitute for professional medical advice or your own sound medical and clinical judgment or individualized patient care. As a healthcare professional, you should use your own professional judgment in evaluating the information provided within this Web site. We also recommend that you consult with other professional sources and references prior to making any evaluation or treatment decisions.
- Ownership. Material on this Web site, including but not limited to text, images, illustrations, software, audio clips and video clips, is owned or otherwise provided by Merck, and Merck does not represent or warrant that such material does not infringe the rights of any other person or entity. Trademarks and logos (collectively, “Marks”) displayed on this Web site are registered or unregistered Marks of Merck or others, are the property of their respective owners, and may not be used without written permission of Merck or of the owner of such Marks respectively. Any information or material contained on this Web site which may be reproduced pursuant to these terms must bear the proprietary rights notices which originally appear on or in conjunction with such information or material.
- Representation. As a user of this Web site, you are liable for the accuracy of the information that you provide to us, including, but not limited to, your professional license number and your professional representation, if applicable.
Should you respond with information including feedback or data such as questions, comments, suggestions, or the like regarding the content of this Web site, such information shall be deemed to be non-confidential, unless as may be required under applicable law, and Merck shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information and shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute the information to others without limitation. You also warrant that any information or material including ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in this information which you provide to Merck electronically through your access to or usage of this website does not infringe the rights of any person or entity. Merck shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose whatsoever including but not limited to developing, manufacturing, and marketing products incorporating such information.
- Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability. Merck has taken reasonable measures to ensure that the information contained within this Web site is reliable; however, by using this Web site, you accept the information, products and services provided herein “AS IS.” Merck makes no express or implied warranty regarding the accuracy, content, completeness, reliability, operability, or legality of information contained within this Web site. Merck may not, under any circumstances, be held responsible for any damage directly or indirectly related to the use of this Web site and/or its content.